Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am continually amazed.......

at the way our bodies develop strength. I'm a big framed girl, even though I'm short, and I'm also pretty darned strong. I can sling a 50 lb sack of goat or horse feed up onto my shoulder and trek down to the barn, open the door, open the bin and dump that feed in without thinking twice about it. If I have to, I can squat down to pick something up with that 50 lb sack of grain on my shoulder and manage to get back up.

Now having gotten that little tidbit outta the way, since I've been working out I've been getting progressively stronger. When I first started working out, I could do knee push ups without much trouble, but I couldn't do triangle push ups at all. Then after a couple weeks of working out, lo and behold I could do triangle push ups, but I couldn't do medicine ball push ups. Fast forward to this morning.....and praise be I can now do medicine ball push ups! Granted I can only do 3 of the suckers, but I couldn't even do one a few weeks ago! Today my hubs and I cut wood for our fireplace. I ran my chainsaw and he split the wood with a maul. I was able to run that chainsaw for close to 2 hours! There was a time when I was only strong enough to cut one little log!

Wow, that just really makes me happy. It also makes me so thankful to God for the wonderful way that he designed our bodies! No matter the abuse, neglect, or what have you, our wonderful amazing bodies will continue to bounce back (to a certain extent I'm sure). I used to feel like I'd ruined my body. Lets face it, 20 years of massive gains and losses hasn't exactly been kind to my poor body, but that body is bouncing back. Ok, so I may never have the flawless (airbrushed I'm sure) skin of a Hollywood celebrity, but I can be the best me that I can be, and that is plenty good enough! I won't dwell on the sagging breasts, the stretch marked belly, the flabby triceps. I will rejoice in having stamina, in being able to see muscles in my biceps, in increasing my endurance and strength every single week! It feels good and I revel in it!

Till next time.......I'm unTHICKINandsoTHINNIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!