Monday, January 17, 2011

Homemade Face Cream............

Has the Goodwife lost her ever lovin' mind?  Well that is always a possibility!

Last Thursday (12/13/2011) I made face cream in my kitchen.........

This took a total of about 20 minutes start to finish and made enough face cream to last me a long time.  As a matter of fact, I'm storing it in the fridge cuz I'm afraid I won't be able to use it up before it goes bad.  It has no preservatives so it is liable to mold.....
I found this idea here.

First I added two chamomile tea bags to 2/3 cup boiling water in a 1 qt wide mouth jar and let it steep for 15 min, after which I removed the tea bags....

Then I melted 1/2 oz beeswax, 3/4 cup grapeseed oil, and 1/2 cup coconut oil in the top of a double boiler.......

I added 1/3 cup aloe-vera juice (not gel) a few drops of lavender essential oil, and the contents of 5 vitamin E capsules to the steeped chamomile tea.......

After the oils were melted and the tea was steeped and mixed with the other ingredients.........

I whooped the tar outta it with a stick blender!

You have to do this really well and check the sides of the jar to be sure it's all incorporated together.

Then I poured my cream into a clean glass bowl with a lid and put it in the fridge.  This is the cream that wouldn't fit in my bowl.  I put it on this saucer and put it in a baggie and kept it in the bathroom, but I've already used it up.
How did I like it you ask?  Well.........it doesn't smell as lavender-ish as I'd hoped.  I should've put more lavender in it.  How does it work?  It works good!  It takes a little bit to soak into your skin, but my skin feels smooth and silky.  I really really like this face cream and have been using it all over my body.

I cleaned out a mini candle jar to fill with the face cream to keep in my bathroom.  I will refill it from the large container in the fridge.


The only thing I had to buy was the beeswax, the aloe-vera juice and the stick blender.  I've never had a stick blender, but it will come in handy with my soap making I'm sure.

Now go have some fun in your kitchen!!



God Bless............................





15 comments:

  1. Very interesting idea! You're very creative! That was a good way to re-use the candle jar. Keep up the great creativity!
    I picked up a Braun stick blender from a thrift store for only $6! It didn't even look like it had been used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool... may have to make and try this one day. I need a blender stick, thats a cool tool, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting! Veggie PAK, great deal on the stick blender! Jennifer, I ordered mine from Amazon and only paid 14 bucks. I also ordered the aloe vera juice so got free shipping. It is a cool tool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youa re So Cool!lol .. I need a stick blender but had been hoping to find one at a thrift store. no such luck yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I first I thought I was reading HOMEMADE ICE CREAM...lol
    You never cease to amaze me here girl! All your great ideas of making your own. I would actually like to try this. I wonder if its good for wrinkles? :) I actually feel kinda bad, cause I DO have a stick blender. My wonderful MIL gave it to me, I havent never used it though, I always kinda forget about it. Thanks for reminding me about it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a good idea! you know what is in it and its not full of chemical

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok so this face cream, is it like face wash or lotion or what exactly??

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stick blender is awesome, no? Good recipe for face cream, gonna have to try this one. .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe and photos showing how it comes together! I'll bet the face cream feels good ... especially on these cold winter days when skin seems to dry out more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. uhmmm...I would probably end up putting that on my sandwich, forgetting I put it in the frig in the first place...

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, that's cool. Of course, I own none of that stuff, well except Vit E. That would make cool christmas gifts. Does it HAVE to stay refrigerated??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mz, it doesn't have to be, it just keeps longer. If you were to give a little jar of it for a gift that would be fine. I keep my little candle jar of it in the bathroom and just refill it out of the bigger container in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply want to say your article is as astonishing.

    The clarity for your submit is just great and
    that i could suppose you're knowledgeable on this subject. Fine along with your permission allow me to take hold of your RSS feed to keep updated with imminent post. Thanks one million and please continue the enjoyable work.

    Feel free to surf to my web site ... http://kanadamusic.com/about

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is my understanding that vitamin E oil is a natural preservative ~ my lotions last for months and I don't keep them in fridge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use vitamin E oil in almost everything I make ~ It is supposed to be a natural preservative ~ I have lotions last for months, (until empty) with no issues due to Vitamin E, and I don't keep any of them in the Fridge : )

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!