Sunday, August 23, 2009

Such a long way to go........

Yesterday morning as I was dressed to workout and waiting for my hubby to get ready, I was looking at myself in the full length mirror across from his bathroom. He was washing his face and brushing his teeth and I sighed and said to him......I still have such a long way to go. He said......you'll get there and I said......I know. We went and worked out and then went about the rest of our day. I did and do know that I'll get there but it just felt so insurmountable.

This morning as I was coming back in from milking (I seem to have all my great epiphany's at that time) the thought flashed into my head.......I still have such a long way to go.......but this time that thought was immediately followed by another one.......yeah, the rest of your life. Shockingly, instead of depressing me, that cheered me up alot! It brought it into perspective once again that this is a forever life change. It isn't a flash in the pan, as soon as the weight is gone it's over kind of thing. This is the new me. It has to be. If it isn't, I'll be overweight forever. I've gone through this 3 different times in my life. Lost alot of weight, only to gain it back. I don't want that to happen again, so it has to be a total life change. That's gonna take a bit longer than 6 weeks!

So to make a long story short (and this is gonna be a short story cause my warm bed and my even warmer hubby are calling to me) I've still got a long way to go, but I've got the rest of my life to get there!

Till next time.......I'm unTHICKIN and soTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!