Thursday, April 1, 2010

More Goats on Parade..........Bramble Patch Kinder Famous......

Bramble Patch Kinder Famous or Luke as we like to call him is our current herd sire.  Luke comes from Sue Huston in Missouri.  Sue has bred some amazing Kinders over the years and almost all of my goats have somebody from Bramble Patch Kinder in their lineage somewhere.

Luke is a handsome fella and though he is small he's got nice conformation and great milking lineage.  He crossed well on my taller girls and I'm excited to see how the kids I'm keeping develop.  He is still a young buck and I'm excited to see how he looks when he is fully mature.

Luke is a sweet goat, very easy to handle and not ornery at all.  He's a lover of a buck and would like to be with us all the time.  Luke lives with Icing Ears, or I.E. as we call him.  I.E. is destined for the freezer, but we aren't going to butcher him until Osiris is weaning age and can go live with Luke. 




3 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah! I feel so honored by your post. It couldn't have come at a better time for I was just in the barn and our E Lee slipped away in the night.Just wish she could have stayed, just a lttle bit longer.

    Thank you so much.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am looking for a biily to replace the one we had as we have kept back does that are getting close to breeding age. We also have 3 older ones to breed later thanks Glen

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!