Friday, August 7, 2009

Catfish Gaboo.......

I just concocted this yummy mess for my lunch today. I am going to post the recipe here for you to try! It's really good and healthy for you too. I posted it on my other blog Thickin and Thinnin but wanted to post it here as well.

CATFISH GABOO........by Goodwife Farm

makes 4 (1.5 cup) servings

1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 TBSP minced garlic
2 cups water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1 cup diced potatoes
9 oz boneless catfish fillet, cut into bite sized pieces
2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup frozen spinach
1/4 cup cider vinegar

Combine all ingredients except spinach and vinegar in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook until potatoes are tender and catfish flakes easily (about 20-30 minutes). Add spinach and cider vinegar, simmer until spinach is heated through (about 10 min more)

Serve this with 1/2 a sandwich or some crusty garlic bread. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!