Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Latest Project.........

I have decided that Steve needs a home of his own and also a place to keep the fabric and notions that I'm very quickly accumulating.  A chest of drawers would be perfect for this!  On Thursday, The Man called me and informed me that I needed to go buy him a new pillow because his was giving him a stiff neck, so I headed to town in trusty Ole' Black Betty (my 1985 3/4 ton Chevy pickup).  First stop was Goodwill and low and behold this beautiful apparition...........

As you can see, it's a lovely shade of green with white drawers and purple hardware.  While this is an attractive combination, it's not the Goodwife's style, so this weekend I plan to strip it down to bare wood and then stain it.  It was a great bargain, very heavy made of real wood.  This isn't a piece of throw away furniture, so I'm excited to see it once I get it refinished.  It has all those wonderful drawers and will be fabulous for keeping all of Steve's accoutrements!
Till next time..............GOD BLESS FROM GOODWIFE FARM!

4 comments:

  1. You have a fun project going too and some work ahead of you....
    Have a busy weekend - anxious to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find. Can't wait to see it when you get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect find for "Steve".
    Looking forward to seeing the transformation...a happy Valentine's Day to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome find! Of course I will add you to my reader list!:o) Sorry I haven't been to visit you lately. I have been super busy with school and work. I liked your previous post on eggs. Who woulda thunk it? I'll just bet you are right!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!