Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oatmeal Spice Apple Bread...from the Kitchen of Goodwife Farm

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup milk (I use whole goat's milk)
1 egg
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup yogurt (again, I use whole goat's milk yogurt)
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups apples, cored and cut into chunks, do not peel

Stir together milk, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, brown sugar, and molasses. Mix together dry ingredients and add to liquid. Mix. Gently fold in apples. Pour into well greased loaf pan. Bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes.

This is quite yummy and if cut into 14 slices comes out to 1 slice = 2 points ; 2 slices = 5 points. I think a slice of this will be fabulous for breakfast in the morning with a bowl of sliced banana topped with yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!