Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A bad days turns into a great NSV....

ps......if you don't know an NSV is a non scale victory.......I started getting a headache on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning, hubby and I got up and worked out and my head was ok, but as the day wore on, it got progressively worse. By the time lunchtime rolled around I was feeling too too icky. I was hungry as was he, but I felt so terrible I didn't feel like cooking anything. He (not being on WW) could just nuke himself a couple white castles and be fine. I on the other hand could not. I felt so awful and I wanted something hot to eat, but something hot to eat meant cooking and I so wasn't up for that. I don't keep "convenience foods around. I don't like preprocessed stuff and really don't like the taste anyway. This means that unless I want a sandwich, I must cook myself something when I'm hungry. This is fine except for Saturday because I felt so awful. Here is where the NSV comes in........I went to bed. Yup, I didn't give in and nuke a corn dog, or eat chips, or some other **** I told hubby, albeit rather tearfully, that I was just going to go lay down. I laid down in my bed all cuddled up crying. Ok, so the crying wasn't that great, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do and crying about my head was lots better than self-medicating with food! A few minutes later hubby came in and said, "Can I lay down with you?" and I was like uhhh DUH, of course you can. So he got in bed with me and cuddled me close and we both took a nap. Then when we got up, my head felt better so I had some homemade goat milk yogurt with some blueberries and some granola and it was all good! Yippee for me! I'm so proud of myself for not giving in. I know that I would have just mindlessly eaten and that wouldn't have been good at all!

Then on Sunday, my family got together to take my Dad out for his 52nd birthday. We went to the Fin Inn in Grafton, and it was fab-u-los-o! I had flame broiled catfish, salad, and a baked potato for a total of 11 points and it was really yummy. It was so nice to have my sister, her husband and daughter, my folks, and then hubby, daughter and I all together. We then went to the Cabela's store which is always fun.

After my emergency situation on Saturday, I told hubby that I was going to make and can some vegetable soup so that days like that wouldn't happen. I could just heat up some delicious soup and have soup and a sandwich. So Sunday morning I put two rabbits in the crock pot, and off we went to the Fin Inn. When we got home I took them out and put the in the fridge to make soup with today. Rabbit is very low in points, comparable to chicken, only even better for you. Today I got all my stuff together and made a huge pot of veggie soup with okra, carrots, lots and lots of onions, tomatoes and some frozen mixed veggies from the store. I put that all together with my deboned rabbit and added some spices. I was totally flying by the seat of my pants cause I didn't have a recipe, but it's pretty darned delish. It's in the canner right now and I'll have to see how many jars I wind up with, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be 2 points per serving with a serving being 1/2 of a quart jar.

So till next time...........I'm unTHICKIN and soTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!