Thursday, September 10, 2009

Goodwife Farm Chicken Fajitas


I just got done eating some yummy yummy fajitas! Thought I'd share my recipe with you.

Tortillas
3 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Mix together well, then add in 1 cup water. Do this slowly because it may take more or less depending. You just want a nice workable dough, not sticky, but enough to hold together. Knead on a lightly floured surface and let rest for about 10 minutes or so. Divide large dough ball into 13 small balls. Let rest again for about 5 minutes. Roll one of the little balls out into circle, as thin as you can get it. Set aside.

Filling
4 oz chicken breast
1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
1/2 small onion, cut into strips

Cut 4 oz of chicken breast into thin strips. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Quickly saute in cast iron skillet with 1/2 tsp canola oil until done. Remove from skillet and set aside to keep warm. Add another 1/2 tsp canola oil to hot skillet and saute vegetables to desired doneness. I like them crisp and I also sprinkled them with some cayenne pepper for kick!

Preheat cast iron griddle, and add a tortilla. Cook til nice and warm, then flip and cook the other side. This only takes a couple minutes, I didn't time it so am not sure exactly how long. When tortilla is done, put on warm plate, add half chicken and vegetables down center. Top with 1/4 cup salsa and 2 tsp sour cream. Fold up and EAT! Then repeat for the second tortilla. YUUUMMY STUFF! 7.5 points for both fajitas and they are nice and filling.

Till next time......I'm unTHICKINandsoTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!