Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today's the day!

Ready.....................set...................................drumroll please......................................I lost 17 pounds! HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! Just kidding!


I just weighed myself a little bit ago and I weighed 227.8 pounds for a loss of 1.2 pounds. Not a huge loss, but a loss and it feels like an honest loss to me. I was a bit discouraged but trying to be positive about it. I came to my computer to track my weight on WW and read an article about why slow weight loss is better. It said that slowly but surely the weight comes off. THEN it said.........

"It's that kind of through thick and thin attitude that will take people from thick to thin for good"

Isn't that awesome? That's the whole title to my blog and that article about being frustrated with slow weight loss used that quote! Well it spoke to me anyway!


I can't post my photo yet cause The Youngun is gone at my sister's house and Daddy P is at work, but he will take a pic of me this evening when he gets home and I'll get it posted.


I still feel good, energized, and positive. I've kept up with my elliptical and my free weights, and I've even been riding Champ again (which feels great by the way and isn't bothering my back at all!) I got through the 30 minute program on my elliptical (ok, ok, so I had to rest a couple times, but I made it!)


Today I feel like Psalm 100 which says......... Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.


I highlighted the third verse in blue because it is the part that spoke to me that most. God made us. I'm thankful that my Lord did make me, and I'm thankful that he made me the way that I am. I'm very thankful to God that he has directed me to weight watchers and I'm thankful that he is there for me to lean on every day and in every way. I give God thanks and Glory for every thing in my life!


Til next time............I'm unTHICKIN and 1.8poundsTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!