Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh the horror!

My darling Ellie has mange! *gasp, snuffle, faint, swoon* Yes it's true, sad but true, I have let my dog get mange. Well lets face it, I didn't let her get it. It's not like I went to her and said "look, you're getting older now and it's time you went out and got scroungy and got the mange" no nothing like that. Actually she's had it since birth. It's demodectic mange which is the kind that all puppies get from their scroungy mommies, but most puppies outgrow it or never even manifest it..............great I've got a SPECIAL doggie! So now she has to get dipped by the vet every two weeks until she gets two clear skin scrapings......such joys with animal ownership!! And the best news is that all of her hair might not come back because of skin scarring! Hooraaay!



She's really a beautiful dog when she has hair..............











Till next time.........GOD BLESS FROM GOODWIFE FARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!