Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day three!

Well it is day 3 of my weight loss journey.........if I live to be 82 years old that only leaves me 18,250 days to go! WHOO HOO! Just kidding, I hope to live to a nice ripe old age where I'm all wrinkled and Daddy P really wants to put me in a home, but he's just as old and wrinkled up as I am so we keep each other around because really after 60+ years of marriage it would just be rude to ship one of us off to the home without the other! Whew!

Well it's going really well! I've done my elliptical machine every day (three whole days in a ROW, I know I know it's amazing, save your applause for the end of the post, please) and I'm also doing some stretches that I found on the WW website. They are good for me cause of when I separated my ribs, my back still tweaks once in awhile and I'm hopeful that these stretches will help it out. I'm also going to incorporate some weight lifting into my exercise program cause I really really like lifting weights. I plan to do the elliptical on M, W, F, along with the weight lifting, then do the elliptical and stretches on T, TH, and see how that works out for me.

I'm still in the euphoric first days of my relationship with this new program, where I'm just certain that in a matter of a week I'll be buff like Jennifer Aniston and the photos will show it! LMAO! Oh how we lie to ourselves when we are Miss Pollyanna Happypants like I am. My big crash will come on Tuesday morning when I get on the scale and take my update photo! But that is the way it is. This is going to have to be a lifelong change, and I've got to suck it up (but not mashed potatoes, don't suck those up) and accept that I will have to be careful and work hard for the REST OF MY LIFE, but it is worth it to be as healthy as I can be. Now I know that I could get hit by a bus tomorrow (although not here cause I live in a very rural area and there's no such thing as public transpo and school is out for the summer) or my horse Champ could kick me in the head as I'm crouched underneath his belly putting his fly boots on (why stay on one side and have to get up and switch when you can just get square underneath and do all four at once??) and I could die. But I figure I should try to make myself as healthy as I can while I'm here. The most important thing for me to do is make myself right with God every day, and I do so strive for that! I fall, as we all do, but He lifts us up if only we will let Him in! I was reading my Bible after making this post and came up with these verses from Ephesians chapter 3 verses 17-19 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye being rooted and grounded in love may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

That verse spoke to me once again in describing the fullness of Christ's love. I love my Jesus so much but (I'm very ashamed to admit this) I tend to put FOOD first in my life. How sickening is that? I want to delete it, I don't even want it written down, but sometimes it's true. It's that demon that I talked about in my first post.....it is that that I must defeat! So I gird my sturdy (but soon to be svelte) loins with the power of Christ's Love and am determined to beat this once and for all!

Until next time! I'll be so unTHICKIN and totally THINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!