Friday, April 2, 2010

A Fabulous Good Friday...........

Today was a good day.  Considering it is Good Friday, it was a fabulous day.  Today is the day we observe the crucifixion of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Today is the day that commemorates His death for my sins.  Wow.............as undeserving as I am, that's how thankful I am as well.

Last night I put some kidney beans on to soak so I could can them up today.  I've started reading labels and even on something so innocent as kidney beans, they've felt the need to add all sorts of extra rubbish, so I'm going to start canning my own, and possibly growing my own as well.  Anywho, after milking this morning I got the beans all canned up and they look great! 

Meanwhile The Youngun and I decided to go hiking at the local State Park. 















It's a little one, but it does have 8 miles of hiking trails that we've never been on.  We packed a picnic dinner of Tuna Salad (mine was chock full of mushrooms, apples, grapes, onions and mustard!) Sun Chips, grapes, and some cut up carrots, broccoli, and radishes.  We topped it off with two mason jars of iced tea and our cloth napkins and we were set!  We hiked for an hour and saw lots of pretty scenery.  The Youngun's favorite was the snake we found coiled up in a bird's nest!  I thought it was a dove at first......my poor eyesight, then discovered it was a snake!  Can you see his head peeking at us?  I think it must have been up there stealing eggs. 

We also saw this handsome goose.  I'm not used to seeing Canada geese alone, but this guy didn't seem to mind too much.     
I feel better and more centered than I have in over a month.  God is good and I'm so thankful for the sacrifice He made in giving His Son.  I'm also thankful for the beautiful world He gave us to live in.  I'm thankful that I'm able to get out and enjoy that world.  I feel good, and I know that every day I have the choice to choose health and the narrow path, or choose the big ole wide path that's paved with unhealthy choices.  Today I chose the narrow....now on to tomorrow!
Till next time.........I'm unTHICKINandsoTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!