Friday, October 2, 2009

Fabulous Fall Fare............



  • Yesterday for lunch I whipped up the most delicious potato soup and a veggie and mozzarella pita to go with it. This morning called for a yummy bowl of Apple Cobbler Oatmeal and some Black Cherry hot tea. I LOVE FALL! ;)

    I'm going to post the recipes here for you to enjoy, if you desire. The Apple Cobbler Oatmeal isn't anything special, but it is very yummy and so filling on a cool fall morning.

    Goodwife Farm's Apple Cobbler Oatmeal (5.5 points)

    1/2 cup rolled oats (old fashioned oats, not the instant kind)
    1 cup water
    1 apple, cored and diced, but NOT peeled
    2 TBSP raisins
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 TBSP brown sugar


Combine first 5 ingredients in 2 cup bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for 1 minute more, stir. Microwave for 1 more minute, stir. Top with brown sugar and enjoy! See I told you, nothing special, but very delicious!

Goodwife Farm's Potato Broccoli Soup (4 points)


1 cup diced potatoes (do not peel!)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup frozen broccoli
1/2 cup whole milk (I used goat of course)


Put potatoes and onions in small pot along with 2 cups water. Add a bit of salt and boil until tender around 10 minutes (more or less, just until fork tender). Do NOT drain water (depending on how thick you want your soup). Add in the milk and the broccoli and simmer over low heat until broccoli is tender and soup is piping hot. This is incredibly creamy and delicious!

Veggie Pita (4 points)

1 small green pepper sliced into strips
1/4 cup sliced onion
4 button mushrooms sliced
1 tsp canola oil
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 whole wheat pita pocket (see past blogs for recipe)


Saute veggies in canola oil until desired tenderness. Remove from heat, top with mozzarella cheese and immediately stuff into pita pocket. Enjoy with your soup! I seasoned my veggies with a bit of cayenne pepper as they were cooking! Delicious!



Till next time......I'll be unTHICKINandsoTHINNIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!