Thursday, October 1, 2009

Differing Approaches to Weight Watchers

The first thing that I'm going to say is that this blog post might honk some people off. I hope not but you just never know, so I'm going to say that right off the bat.

Now that that's out of the way......

I've been thinking alot lately about why some people have great success with this program and why others don't seem to do as well. It isn't the program. The program is the same for all of us. From reading boards, and blogs and different statements from lots and lots of different people there seem to be a couple different viewpoints about this program. I really get a vibe that some people are on WWer's because it's the "in" thing to do. Like people who try out for the volleyball team because all of their friends are doing it. They don't care about volleyball, have no intention whatsoever of practicing or trying to get better at it. They just don't want to miss out on whatever is going on at the practices or the games.

The other camp it seems is dead set on changing their lifestyle. They are serious and they are ready and they are bygosh going to make some healthy changes. They are working hard and ready to make the sacrifice that has to be made. The second camp is the one who will make it. The first camp probably won't.....at least this time. The day will come when they will be ready to be in the second camp and then (and only then) will they succeed at this game.

I'm glad that I'm firmly entrenched in the second camp and I hope that I don't ever pack up and move! Losing weight has never been hard for me. Keeping it off for more than 5 minutes has always been my challenge. It's my fervent prayer that I'll be able to keep it off this time. In the past I've always been in the first camp, doing it for all the wrong reasons. This time, I'm doing it for the right reasons and in the right camp. Hopefully that will make all the difference and I will be a WWer's success story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!