Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quilting Club!

Yesterday I went over to visit my friend Deb and we got to talking about quilting. I had no idea that she enjoyed it and she didn't know that I did either! We started talking about starting a quilting club and are going to do it. We really don't know exactly how it will all work, but we will figure it out as we go. We already have another lady that would like to join us so our quilting club is off and running! We've got to decide how often to meet and on what day. We also need to figure out if we will work on individual projects or find a floor frame and work on one quilt together. If we work on one quilt together we have talked about raffling it off and donating our proceeds to a local charity such as the public library or the local animal shelter, Salvation Army, or another local charity.

It's going to be such fun and a nice old fashioned social activity. I'm not much for socializing because of how worldly most things are, but this is a social activity that I can get excited about!

Till next time..........GOD BLESS FROM GOODWIFE FARM!

1 comment:

  1. My mother belonged to a quilting club for years and years when she was younger and able to get out.She is 86 now.
    They also raffled off quilts for causes.
    I think you will enjoy it.
    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!