Thursday, October 29, 2009

Runnin' Outside!

Since I began working out way back in July, I've been working out inside. I was terrified to walk or jog outside because what if I got tired and wasn't at home! Oh the horror!! What if when I was a mile from home, my legs got tired and I needed a couch?? Yegads such terrifying visions don't even merit discussion!

Today I just really didn't want to do my Couch to 5 K. I simply wasn't "feeling" it! After taking my darling girl to school, I looked out the car window and noticed what a lovely fall day it was. Brisk, a bit windy, nice and crisp with the leaves and such a dark blue sky (because we are about to get deluged with rain again). I thought, why the heck not..........do your C25K OUTSIDE! So I went in and got my tennies on, strapped my watch on my wrist and headed out the door. I jogged north out my driveway and headed out of town. I began week 5, day 1 and was able to do it! It was great! I jogged uphill, downhill, past a silly black dog that was trying to be scary. As I jogged along the back roads around my home I startled a lovely Blue Heron feeding in the creek. I enjoyed the crisp wind in my face and the beautiful colors of the leaves.

It was physically harder to jog outside. I was jogging on asphalt and gravel roads and I could feel my knees and my calf muscles. Not pain, just was aware of them. Mentally it was far far easier. The 5 minute segments of my jog flew by. I couldn't believe it and kept checking my watch to be sure it was right! The time doesn't go by near as fast on the treadmill, but I don't feel sore at all.

It was nice and I hope to slowly switch over to jogging outside. I don't want to do it too fast because of stress on my body, but it was a fabulous change and I enjoyed it immensely!

Till next time..........I'll be joggin'mywayunTHICKINandsoTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!