Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things to know about me.....

I say warsh, not wash, as in I've got to go do the warsh, or go warsh your hands. I say fixin, and reckon, as in I'm fixin to go to the store, and I reckon you can go play as long as you are careful. I keep my food in an ice box and the room where the TV is, is called the front room, or sometimes the living room. My mailbox is across the road, not across the street and I cut my grass, or mow the yard, not the lawn. I like to sit and quilt "of an evening" not in the evening.

I don't like drama queens and/or the drama that they constantly bring with them everywhere they go. I am a shit or get off the pot kinda gal and really truly have no patience with people who can't seem to do either. I don't like whiners and can't stand the "poor me" mentality that so many people seem to have nowadays. Everybody gets down sometimes, everybody feels sad and that sucks. I think we are entitled to feel sad for a while, and then we owe it to ourselves to get over it. Get over it. There is nothing you can do about the past. NOTHING. We can't control what life throws at us or the actions of others. What we can control is our actions. We have free will. We can choose the people that we surround ourselves with, we can choose who we want to be friends with, and we can choose to end those friendships at any time that we want. That's a beautiful thing!

I'm not good at friendships. I take true friendship, real friendship very very seriously. I've been hurt by what I thought were solid friendships so now I just don't let it happen. If you want to be my friend it is gonna be on my terms and if you don't like that, well sorry. Is that a shitty way to be? Probably, but it's a defense mechanism that I've got down pretty darned well. I get so sick and tired of women judging me, judging my marriage, telling me that it isn't healthy when what it isn't is worldly and that is a rare thing in this day and age. People have become so worldly, so wrapped up in material things that don't matter a bit in the long run. My husband is my best friend in the world. There is no one I'd rather spend time with. I had a former friend that told me that wasn't healthy. It wasn't healthy for me to want to be with my husband when I can. Well riddle me this........if you have a best girl friend, that you get together with at every available opportunity, how is that different from me wanting to be with my husband? Why is it ok for you to spend all your free time with a girlfriend and it's not ok for me to want to spend all my free time with my husband?? Once upon a time, married couples loved each other and wanted to be together. If I didn't love and respect the man, I would never have married him. Is that type of relationship good for everyone? Probably not, but it's good for me. I don't judge other people for the way that they do things, this is America after all. Live and let live people. If you don't like the way somebody else does things, who said it was any of your business anyway!!

As my good buddy Hank Williams Jr would say........if ya mind your own business, you won't be mindin mine!

Till next time...........I'm unTHICKINandsoTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!