Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Birthday To Our Baby Girl............

It's so hard for me to believe my little girl is 12 years old.  When you are a kid, the adults all around you are constantly saying "Time goes by so quickly, don't rush it, you'll want the years back" and so on.  I don't think I ever understood that until my daughter was born.  It wasn't so bad until she got in school and then boy oh boy the time just flew by.  Looking at pictures of her as a baby and a toddler bring tears to my eyes.  It all went by so fast!!  I'm not one of those parents who wants her child to stay young forever, but I do at times wish I could have slowed things down. 

Here are some photo collages of her first year. 

Proud Daddy and proud Pop Pop minutes after she was born........

The first few months.  She's always wanted to be a puppy hence carrying the shoe around in her mouth, and fishing sure tires a girl out!

She's been a beauty since the day she was born.........

Always loved animals and Granny Bob made her a squirrel for her first Halloween.......

Her first birthday with the puppy cake I made her.  That's the back of my head and The Man laying down next to her.

Here is last year's post about her birthday if you are interested.  This year our movie matinee will be "Tangled" but we are waiting until next week to go because she wants her Darling Cousin to come and she lives 2 hours away so can't come on Christmas Eve.  Pop and Granny will be here and we plan to make Christmas cookies and candy all day, as well as her birthday cake.  For her birthday supper, The Youngun has requested Liver 'N Onions, mashed taters and gravy, peas, and fruit.  

God surely blessed us in choosing to send us this wonderful child.  I love her and best of all I'd love her even if she wasn't mine.  That is saying a lot because as some of you may remember, I'm not much of a kid person!  LOL!

God Bless on this lovely Christmas Eve.  I pray that you all are safe and snug in the bosom of the ones you love and that we will all remember to be thankful to the One who is the Reason for the Season!  



God Bless................... 


 


12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dear youngin. Loved seeing those pictures.

    Have a great birthday celebration and a wonderful Christmas too. Liver and onions sounds great to me.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Youungun'!!! Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter! i love all of the pics! MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Youngun! She's such a cutie - I LOVE the little ponytail when she was little. I'm hoping one day we might have a girl because pigtails are just so darn cute! I already tear up on my boys' birthdays and they're still in the "little" stage. Like you, I don't mind that they grow up, I just wish they wouldn't do it so fast!
    The Husband would totally agree with her choice of birthday dinner - he always asks for liver 'n' onions too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your girly!! And Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. merry merry, baby! and to your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your youngun! Y'all are truly blessed with an awesome daughter. But really, she got that from somewhere? Hmmmmm....

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your baby girl!
    BTW~ I got something special in the mail today..I love it. I will be posting about it for sure. And Thank you for the Christmas card.
    Ya'll enjoy the birthday and hope ya'll have a wonderful Christmas Day tommorow.
    ~trish~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Youngun! Time flies when your having fun.

    I remember when Our Daughter was 12 yrs old, now she's going to be 20 yrs old in July. Enjoy your time together, because before you know it she'll be 20yrs old too*wink*

    Merry Christmas to you all

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy (belated) Birthday, Youngun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm late, but just now gettin time to catch up on blogger... Happy 12th Birthday Youngun! Goodwife your right they sure do grow up way to fast! Dont Blink..............

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy late birthday to your baby girl :) I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!