Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Homemade Shampoo Updates............

Day One............
Shampoo'd as usual, then let air dry.  I never blow dry my hair, so this was in the evening after shampooing in the morning.  It takes my hair a long time to dry, plus I had it up in a clip for the biggest part of the day.


Day Two..........
I didn't shampoo today, just got up and brushed my hair as usual


Day Three.............
Shampoo'd in the morning, let air dry.
Are you tired of lookin' at the back of my head yet? 

Day Four............
No shampoo, just brushed and went about my day.  Static is a big of a problem, but then static is always a problem for me this time of year!


Day Five.........
Shampoo'd the night before, went to bed with wet hair.  Brushed in the morning....


Day Six.......
Shampoo'd, let dry, combed, took picture.........don't worry we are almost done with this.....lol!


Day Seven...........
Didn't shampoo, just brushed and took the picture....



This concludes the week long review of my homemade shampoo.  My conclusion is that I like it very much!  I hope to make this my permanent shampoo choice and hope to experiment with different herbal rinses this summer when my herbs are growing.  I'm able to shampoo every other day and my hair still looks good, although it looks better on the day I shampoo.  It is also a lovely total body wash. 

I can't tell you how good it feels to get in the shower and use homemade soap, homemade shampoo, and then slather myself down with homemade face cream!



God Bless........................





11 comments:

  1. think im gonna try this.. we go through SO much shampoo its unreal!! i think my boys bathe in it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it works very well, especially since you have such long hair. Making you own things like that is really fulfilling in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hair looks so shiny! I wish I had even a little bit of wave to my hair. Nope, it's straighter than sticks. I have to banana-curl it just to get it to curl on the bottoms. . .
    I'm definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks nice and pretty. Guess I need to try this too, lol. Gotta get the stuff first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks so pretty and shinny. I won't even begin to tell ya what I spend for my shampoo...nope...won't even go there!

    God bless and have a beautiful winter's day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh awesome, you don't shampoo your hair every day. That gives me hope! I don't shampoo mine every day either b/c well it gets really frizzy and out of control! and I'm jealous you can let it air dry and be done with it. I don't blow dry mine either but I have to take a flattening iron through it or it's almost an Afro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks great. I wash my hair every other day. Mainly cause I'm lazy! :) So one day it looks good, next day it's in a ponytail! That's how I roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wash every other day most times too. Your hair looks great! Hmmmm shampoo, I might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks great! It's so shiny. I must have missed the shampoo post, but went back to read it. How much of each ingredient did you use? I must have missed that part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very lovely backside of a head...nice hair too. Now stop showing off all those fancy chemistry skills and get back to sewing stuff so we can learn! ;) teehee!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!