Monday, January 3, 2011

Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake.............

For Christmas with The In-Laws last weekend I baked this cake.  It's really tasty and usually a big hit.  Lots of pics in this post............

Brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and there should be some chopped pecans in there as well, but I was out from all my Christmas candy making..........

Some soft butter and a pastry blender........

Yummy topping..........

Cream butter and sugar..........

Add eggs one at a time.........

Mix in dry ingredients alternately with milk......

Yummy cake batter...........

Grease a 9" springform pan............

Put 2/3 of the batter in the pan..........

Sprinkle with 2/3 of topping mixture.......

Top with blueberries..........

Pour rest of batter over...........

Sprinkle with rest of topping..........

Bake........

After cooling for 10 min, remove sides and sprinkle top with powdered sugar......then eat and enjoy!

Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake

topping

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup soft butter
Combine first four and then cut in butter till crumbly.  Set aside

cake

1/2 cup soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup blueberries
Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs 1 at a time.  Stir in vanilla.  Combine dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.  Spoon 2/3 of batter into greased 9 in springform pan.  Sprinkle with 2/3 of crumb mixture.  Top with blueberries, then put rest of batter, then rest of crumb mixture.  Bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove sides, dust top with powdered sugar.  Enjoy!





God Bless..................




12 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy... now I'm gonna have to bake a cake today, lol. But I'll be usin wildberries that I froze from our yard this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm, Ummm, it looks delicious! Plus blueberries are so good for you. Thanks for sharing the recipe, we'll give it a try with some frozen beries in our freezer. :o)

    Blessings,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are makin' me jealous! I had to use frozen blueberries. I do have three witty bitty blueberry bushes, but they are too young to put on and the wild berry situation 'round here wasn't too good last year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cake smelled so good while bakin... cant wait to try it after dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I can't wait to hear how you like it. It's really good and a nice breakfast cake! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks scrumptious! My husband would actually eat this one b/c he doesn't like nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just posted my blog about it... we ate 1/2 the cake after dinner tonight, everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have been on an apple streusel kick over here...TIME TO DO BLUEBERRIESSzzzz! lol

    That looks sooo good... but I recommend still making the caramel corn too because of that instant gratification thang'... instead of this peeking into the oven for a stinkin' 50 minute apple streusel...;D!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blueberry-crunch-coffee-cake just came out of the oven.. Oh my it smells delicious.. I made mine in a bundt pan since I don't have a springform pan.(I will have one in the not to distant future). It has turned out beautiful. If it tasts as good as it looks I will be making these alot.Thanks for the recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Goodwife... I'm pitting cherries today, man wish you was here to help me, I'll be pitting cherries tomorrow too... hint hint, lol. Anyways I was thinkin what all I could make with 48 lbs of cherries and remembered your cake. So I will be using some soon to bake this again :)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!