Thursday, January 20, 2011

Detailed Homemade Shampoo Instructions......

It's come to my attention that some of you dear readers might like to make your own homemade shampoo and I didn't exactly give you the whole scoop on how to do it!  I'm sorry about that, but will tell you now.....

The ratio of liquid to grated soap is 30 oz liquid, to 5 oz grated soap.  So, you grate and weigh your soap and put it in your soap pot.  I only use this pot for soap making or milling, nothing else.  Then you steep your herbs in your boiling water, or just use plain water, and add 30 oz of it to your 5 oz of grated soap along with 1/2 tsp powdered pectin.  Then you put your pot over low heat and gently stir once in awhile until all the soap is melted.  Remove it from heat and add in 5 drops of rosemary essential oil.

If you don't have homemade soap on hand, I've read you can also do this with castile soap from the store, but I've never done it.

Then pour it into a clean shampoo bottle or other container.  At this point it is going to be very thin, but it will thicken up dramatically after cooling down.  I like to shake it every once in awhile as it's cooling.

Anywho, once again I'm sorry I forgot to put in the detailed amounts in my post.  I'm going to edit the original post to include these amounts as well.  Good luck if you decide to do this and I'd love to hear how you like it.


God Bless.................



4 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much! I may give it a try. I don't have any homemade soap (yet), but will find the castile soap when I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of castile soap....

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a straightforward recipe, I may have to try it if I get some time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your caramel popcorn recipe because I can make it. I think I would blow up the kitchen if I tried this...

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!