Friday, January 14, 2011

Don't Worry........

My dad is a worrier.  He says  he's just a realist, but in my opinion he's a worrier.  I'm a realist.  I know bad things happen and I know they can happen at any time.  That said, God is my guidance and I don't borrow trouble.  Dad and I talk politics quite a bit.  I enjoy a rousing debate, but I don't worry about the state of things.  Let me stress that, I don't worry about the state of our government or our world at large.  I think Dad thinks, because I don't get all upset and angry, I don't understand what is going on.  Let me assure you, I totally understand what is going on and I can get pretty passionate about it.  I've got a good grip on how messed up our world is and if I didn't have such a strong grip on my Savior, I'd imagine I'd be pretty tore up with worry and stress about it. 

God is in control.  There is nothing going on anywhere in the world that God doesn't know about.  How can I worry when I know God is in control?  If I truly believe God is in control, how insulting of me to worry about things?  It would be akin to slapping my Lord and Savior in the face for me to worry about day to day matters.

The Man has a wonderful secure job.  Why??  By the Grace of God.  He has wonderful health insurance for the three of us.  Why??  By the Grace of God.  We have a lovely snug home to live in and plenty of food to eat.  Why??  By the Grace of God.  My husband may come home tonight and tell me his job is gone.  Maybe we'll lose our home, or a loved one.  Anything can happen at anytime.  There are no guarantees in life.  The only certainty we have is our Faith in God.  Knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control.  That gives me such a feeling of peace and security, much more so than anything else could. 

Now I'm not perfect and sometimes I do get a little scared.  I try to turn those fears over to my Jesus.  They are nothing to Him and when I truly let go of them, Peace descends on me.  We are truly blessed, because we have God.  Being His child and walking day to day with Him doesn't mean your life won't have hardship, it simply means He will take care of your hardships.........IF you let Him.

What I'm trying to say is this..........

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can
and Wisdom to know the difference. 

A simple prayer and a common one, but oh so true. 

 I can't change the government policies that are already in effect, but I can have the wisdom to know through voting I can make my voice heard.  I can't change the course my public school system is taking, but I can pull my daughter from that environment.  I can't make others live life right, but I can raise my daughter to be strong and confident, moral and ethical, and make sure my backyard is cleaned up rather than throwing stones at others.

  There are so many things I can't change, and I won't let myself get upset about them.  Is that a simplistic view of things?  Probably.  I'm just so thankful for my childlike Faith.  You know how when you were a little kid, you thought there was nothing your daddy couldn't fix?  Well that's how I feel about my Heavenly Father.  There is nothing He can't fix and because we are His children, and He loves us, we'll be ok.  Does that mean I think nothing bad will ever happen to me?  Of course not.  I could be murdered at the grocery store tomorrow, or killed in a head on car crash, or The Man or The Youngun could be taken from me.  What I do know from the depths of my being, is that God is in control.  Every blessing I have has been given me by God, and they are His to take away.  We've done nothing on our own.  God has chosen to give us these gifts and God may choose to change our lives at any time.  We have no say.  Let me say that again, we have no say in where God takes us.  We think we do, and we'd like to, but in reality we don't.  I feel that when we finally accept that Truth, our lives will really become wonderful. 

It is God's plan that I was born in America in 1977 instead of France in 1456.  It was God's plan for me to meet and marry The Paintiff and nothing I did made it happen.  We must open our minds to God's guidance, however scary it may be, because when we are still trying to control where we go and what we do, God can't truly work in our lives.




God Bless..........................


9 comments:

  1. Amen sista! I'm of the same opinion, you don't and can't know what's around the corner so you might as well let God take care of it. I'm really glad I DON'T know what tomorrow brings because I'd be more inclined to sit around and worry about that instead of what's going on today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!! I just hand it all over to God, he is in control. We sure do share alot of the same views on life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say... I'm Thankful that we found each others blogs and chat so much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right there! But my curious mind always wonders why He lets some things happen. I know it isn't right to question him, and I try not to but I do wonder sometimes. Even in the Bible there were people born from uncouth circumstances. In all reality, my step-daughter didn't get the best of circumstances, she's split between 2 families... I know my questions will never be answered, but I wish they would... I'm the curious cat I guess who chewed on the wire... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worry, too.
    And, I know it works because the things I worry about never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! I do worry, but I feel so much better when I turn it over to God and leave it with Him instead of trying to take it back. Thank YOU for your words of wisdom and faith.
    -peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. swampy - lol

    theres a saying i have -

    "preparation is ninth tenths of the law"

    lol

    but man, oh man, you should be a preacher :)!

    :P

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!