Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weekend Happenings Round the Place.............



This area where I'm standing taking the picture is to the south of my house.  Slightly ahead and directly to the east, or my left is the Hillbilly Hotel (or the shop), the old wooden fence and the little red chain link gate seperate this area from my main backyard.  My garden is to the east and slightly ahead of where I'm standing.  This area now looks like this.......

The roof was falling in on that old shed and we discussed repairing it, but we really didn't need the space.  Everything that was in it got moved to my hay barn and we commenced tearin' 'er down!  We also pulled out the two burning bushes and the rhodedendron bush as well as the old wood fence.  The posts of the fence were rotted at the ground and the only thing holdin' it up was the bushes and a prayer.  I liked the look of it, but I like the open-ness more!  I hated to lose my burning bushes, but I've still got four more out front and these just looked silly sitting there out in the open with the fence and the shed gone!

After The Man got all the tin knocked off, we loaded it up on Black Betty to haul for scrap.......

We have a new scrap yard that has opened up right here in town so that is going to save us lots of gas money in future!  After we got back with an empty truck, we hooked onto the main beams of the shed to use Betty to pull 'er down!  I of course was too involved in the action to remember to get a picture of the pile of debris after we pulled it down, so you'll just have to use your imagination.  Granny Bob and Pop Pop had come down so Granny and I dug in and cleaned up debris.  We'd get a truck load, drive down in the back to the burn hole, unload, then come back for more! 

We got it all cleaned up by Saturday evening, then took the folks out for supper at a little hole in the wall where you don't have to be clean to eat!  It's good and it's cheap and it's friendly.........our kind of place and yes The Man had a horseshoe!

I couldn't find a picture of the shed from my back door, but this is what the area looks like now.  It's much more open and lovely and we used that concrete pad for a lovely wienie roast on Sunday evening!

Hope you had a great weekend as well!

God Bless........



3 comments:

  1. Good Job Guys... I really like the openness of it too. That was alot of work! The concrete pad is a nice area for a fire pit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jennifer, a firepit area!
    We have a few building we're trying to decide if we'll move them and use them in other ways( still sound and sturdy or tear them down and harvest the lumber for future projects.

    We love all your trees, the scenery is just lovely.
    Blessings,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lotsa work going on....Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!