This was so very much fun and I hope that some of you all will come up with some questions like this. I'm sure ever'body has phrases that are used in their neck of the woods that wouldn't make a bit of sense to out of towners! I wish I'd a been thinkin' cuz this past weekend I coulda gotten pictures of granny beads, cuttin' cookies, and a horseshoe for ya'll!
To pick the winner we put all the names in a bowl and The Youngun picked one out...............and.......
...and..........the winner is.........Kelle! Check out Kelle's blog The Never Done Farm They are a busy bunch of folks over there!
The original questions will be in black, with the answers in red.
- If I were to say "My kid has granny beads"..........what do I mean?
- If I were to tell you "My husband is goin' hoggin' on Saturday"......what's he up to?
- When my daughter was little I used to tell her to "skin a cat" quite a lot, what was I telling her to do?
- If I go to my favorite place on a Friday night and tell 'em "I'll have a horseshoe" what am I asking for?
- If I say "The Man and I were cuttin cookies all weekend" what were we doing?
So there you have it! I loved all of your guesses and comments and if you got all or some of them right, then congrats for bein' as much of a Hillbilly as we are!
Although nobody got them all right, I would like to send special congratulations to Nezzy, who is the only one who got #3 "skin a cat" and to deb, who is the only one who got #2 "goin' hoggin'"