Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week 21!


Today is my 21st week with Weight Watchers! I got on the scale this morning, feeling like I had lost. I can usually tell in my body if I'm going to have a loss or not. I sure didn't expect to be down 3.2 lbs for a weight of 191.4 and a total loss of 36.6 lbs! Whooo hooooo! I immediately said Thank You God and then hit my knees. I am so thankful to God for giving me the strength and drive to do this! Without His help, I wouldn't have made it past the first week!

I completed week 8 day 2 of the Couch to 5 K program and I have a plan for when I complete the program next week. I intend to restart at the beginning, jogging where it says to walk and sprinting where it says to jog. I'm hopeful that will help me to increase my speed. I am also expecting a book from the library called
"The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess" As some of you may know, I love love love lifting weights, heavy weights, and I look forward to seeing what this book has to say. I know that I lift correctly, but it's always nice to get a new perspective. I will let you know if I decide to do this 6 month program.

I also want to mention to any other "lifters" out there. If you are using machines to weight lift you are cheating yourself! My husband and I both work out with free weights. When we were on vacation all the condo had were machines. We worked out every day while we were gone. My husband lifts only 2 to 3 days a week at home. We both lost strength while we were gone because of using machines instead of free weights! Hubs worked out MORE and LOST strength. So if you use machines, consider giving free weights a try, they really do build more strength. If you are just looking to tone, then I'd say you are just fine with a machine.

Anywho, just wanted to give ya'll the goods on my week 21 weigh in!

Till next time, I'm unTHICKINandsoTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!