Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Half-assin' It!

I've been half-assin' and not even assin' it since March.  MARCH!  Good grief, three months wasted.  Moving on though........if this is for the rest of my life then three months ain't gonna amount to a hill a beans!  Kit's got me motivated and I went for a jog this morning.  25 minutes of pure sweaty bliss.  Why do I not do this at least three days a week?  It never ceases to amaze me that good habits take FOREVER to get a foothold while bad ones are always waiting to creep up behind you and whack you over the head! 

I've been doin' some heavy duty re-evaluating in my life and I've decided to downsize on the ole' homestead a bit.  I'm selling off all my kids from this year and will only keep my two older does, my buck, and his wether.  That will have me down to 4 goats from 11 and that will be awesome.  I also have quit milking for right now so all I have to worry about is my big ole' garden.  I love my life and I love what I do, but I'm easily overwhelmed.  I have to cut something out and I don't want it to be my health goals!  I'm also downsizing my chicken herd (yes I know it's supposed to be flock) to around 10 to 15 hens.  I've got over 45 now! 

I told The Man yesterday I don't think I'll ever win this war.  Not ever.........that's a defeatist attitude and that's not me.  I may never fully win the war, but if I lay down and quit then I'll for sure never win right?  Right now I feel strong and ready to kick ass!  KICK ASS BABY!  Today was a runnin' day, tomorrow I'll bust out some 80lb squats, push ups, and hit the punchin' bag.  I want this...........I WANT THIS!

Look out, cuz the Goodwife is bringin' her A game.............

till next time........I'm unTHICKINandsoTHINNIN!

3 comments:

  1. That's right, KICK ASS! It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to allow myself to slack off. Luckily, even though my eating has been less than great, I haven't been gaining any weight. But I'm not losing any either. I wasn't lying on my blog either. The spandex is swooshing and I hate it!

    You are a busy woman. I hope you're able to get at least 30 mins squeezed in every day for you and your health. I know it's hard. We're gonna keep each other going! I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the mean face pic!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!