Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hello Dear Friends!

I have no idea if anybody even still reads my blog since it's been months since I've posted anything.  If any of you are still there, I'm here to tell you of the ride we've been on!

Do any of you remember this post?  Well boy howdy, did He bring some changes to us!! 

In the 3rd week of May, The Man's employer sent him on a business trip for some training. (Remember he was the Operations Manager for a trash company.)  Naturally, since we've never spent a night apart, I went with him.  On Thursday, May 19th 2011 he was on the 4th day of his training, and we were scheduled to head back home on the afternoon of the 20th after his final day of training was done.  The afternoon of the 19th I was lounging on the hotel bed because my back had gone out and I couldn't do anything else, when The Man came walking in the door.  I said (jokingly because that's what I always say when he comes in earlier than I expect him to), "What are you doin' here, didja get fired?" To which he responded, "Well I think so, we have to go home."  I just looked at him..............uh........what???  He said one of the big head guys from the company had called him and said he needed to come home.  Well we knew what was coming.  We knew they weren't going to call him home with one day left if it was good news!  We threw everything in the car (my 2009 Challenger that I was so fond of) and headed back to IL. 

Upon our arrival back in IL, he took me home and then he headed in to his work.  They fired him.  They had already fired the GM the day before, and they fired him as soon as he got in.  May 19, 2011 God let us know without a doubt that He wanted us to do something different!  My husband has never been fired in his life.  He's never been disciplined at any job, this one included.  This came totally and completely out of the blue.  $80,000 a year one second and penniless the next.  No severance, no reference letter, nothing.  Seriously......we had around three thousand bucks in savings with a $1400/month house payment, not to mention the car payment of $500 and all the credit card bills, as well as a small loan at our local bank for the boat.

Now you may be thinking that our heads were rollin' around and were were contemplating bank robbery or possibly even looking for the lost city of Atlantis, but such was not the case.  Wanna know why?  As we were in the car on the way home, The Man said to me......"If we get there and they don't fire me I'm gonna be really disappointed."  Excuse me??  What's that now?  He said as soon as they told him to come home, he felt a great weight lift off his shoulders.  The burden of responsibility he'd been carrying for so long, the weight of what did God want us to do.....gone......definitively answered with a loud and resounding call.  God had been nudging us for a long time.  We weren't getting the message so He just jerked the rug out from under us.  He said.....if you aren't hearing Me, then I'll make you hear me, and He did.  We heard Him loud and clear.  It was time for a big change.............. 


please tune in soon for the continuation of our story!  I promise it won't take me long to post another chapter!

God Bless.........

12 comments:

  1. WOW!! All I can say is WOW! Please keep us posted, I can't wait to hear where you are led. We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm still here... just waitin for you to come back to blog world. I've missed your post. God really did want to get your attention, didnt he, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I think I just blew my post by clicking to another page.

    I look forward to hearing the rest of your story. I think it's neat that your DH felt relieved when he was fired. I think it was awful the way the company handled it though.

    Love, hugs and prayers to the three of you.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still here too...although I mostly lurk so you may not have known I was here in the first place! Looking forward to the rest of this story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have my attention! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still here!

    Yes, God has a way of getting our attention! But He is soooo good in it, because then we trade the world and get Jesus. He's been changing our world since February, yes, after we prayed that He would be supreme in our lives.

    Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful surprise to see your post this morning! God does have a way of getting our attention. I've made some pretty dramatic changes over the summer and fall too. All part of His plan! (I'm getting ready to start posting about it soon.) I'm looking forward to the rest of your story. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Auuuuugggghhhh! A cliffhanger! Can't wait to hear more!!!! Oh, and welcome back. hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. well first , nice to see you back and second What a shock! so glad you were together, it must have helped with the thoughts that have to have been spinning in his head on the way home

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Yup, I'd say He was tryin' to get your attention! I'm off to read the next installment now. . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness Lady - you all been put through the fire and refined!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!