Friday, November 27, 2009

I just have a few minutes free and wanted to let you all know how Thanksgiving went here at my homestead. My folks came and my sister, her hubs, and daughter. My daughter's birthday is on Christmas Eve so we combined Thanksgiving and a little birthday party for her. It is very hard to get everybody together in December! I cooked turkey, dressing, scalloped corn, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade noodles, green beans, corn, pumpkin pie, chocolate layer cake (for Shayla's b-day) and banana pudding. We also had cheese ball and crackers. I may be forgetting something, but at least you get the gist!

What I am about to tell you may be very controversial here at WWers. That is my disclaimer. Thankgiving is the only big meal that I do every year. We don't do a big Christmas dinner. I decided that I was going to eat what I wanted and enjoy the meal. I didn't track a thing. I could have just counted it as all of my weeklies and dailies and said forget it, but I didn't want to sabotage the rest of my week by taking away my weeklies, so the way that I chose to handle it was to call it a free day. As I've stated before, my goal is to be normal with food. It has been and will be a huge NSV for me to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving guilt free and then just resume my tracking immediately after. That is what I've done. I am very proud of myself. My vacation was a great pregame warmup for this one big meal. I will confess that I ate until I felt ill, but I didn't feel any guilt! I sent home carepackages with my family, and then I took EVERY SINGLE LEFTOVER to my chickens, except for the turkey. Such a Thanksgiving feast my birds had but I didn't want to be tempted beyond Thanksgiving Day. I enjoyed all of my traditional foods and then this morning I got up, went for my run, lifted my weights, and got right back to my healthy eating plan.

As I stated, this isn't the way that everybody chooses to handle Thanksgiving, but it is the way that I chose to handle it and it worked well for me. The key to this program is working out the best way for you to "work" it and I am exceedingly thankful that I'm figuring out how to work it for me!

Till next time, I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving full of love and thankful hearts! I'll be here, unTHICKINandsoTHINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!