Saturday, December 6, 2014

Ten Reasons Goats are Better Than Cows.......

So I was thinking about this last night as I was milking my beautiful ladies......

It's a thought I've had many times before.......

It's totally no offence to those of you who are dyed in the wool cow lovers.........

Please feel free to do your own post of 10 Reasons Cows are Better Than Goats.....

I'll go read it...

And prolly enjoy it......

But you won't change my mind........

So without further ado and dithering.......

Here we go......

Top Ten Reasons Goats Are Better Than Cows

according to the Goodwife


Ahem..... 

10) Goats are small.............therefore they don't eat as much, and they don't tear the ground up near as much with their little bitty cloven hooves, as a cow with their huge giant cloven hooves.


9) Goats are browsers............therefore they will eat the poison ivy, briars, multiflora rose, thistles, and all sorts of other obnoxious stuff and convert it into yummy milk, all the while twitching those cute little tails in glee!  A cow wants grass........grass.........and more grass!



8) Speaking of those tails, goats do have little bitty tails that twitch in glee, as opposed to broom corn tied to the end of a baseball bat.  While I'm milking and Tulip and Star are happily gobbling up their goatie granola, their tails are twitching with happiness.  When I was a kid milking Rosie the Jersey cow with my dad, her tail was wont to do something else, namely smack me upside my head with every swing!



7) Beards......cows don't have beards, and I do love me some facial hair!




6) Multiples.......cows don't often have more than one calf, although it does happen.  Goats almost always have at least twins, and sometimes triplets or quads!  More bang for your buck so to speak!



5) And speaking of multiples........goats have two boobies, while cows have four.  I don't know about you, but I've only got two hands..................



4) The tongue.......goats have cute little tongues that they like to lick you with!  They stick them out in anticipation of grain, or treats, or in lust for breeding, but I've yet to see a goat pick it's nose with a giant tongue.



3) Goats are very clean.....very!  I've never seen a goat laying in their own poop, never had a goat poop while I was milking, and never once have I seen a goat poop on top of the head of it's nursing kid.  I've witnessed all of the above with cows.

2) And speaking of poop......goat poop = berry, cow poop = patty.........it's sort of like the difference between peanuts and soft serve ice cream...........I'm just sayin...

1) And the numero uno reason goats are better than cows?  
I LOVE GOATS!!!  



Till next time, I remain goatishly yours......


9 comments:

  1. I love this list so much, lol! And great pictures, too. Thanks for sharing your love of goats with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for commenting! I just really do love my goaties! :)

      Delete
  2. Loved this post! I've never had a cow but along time ago I lived with some folks who did. I took over evening milking. I'm glad to have had the experience, but when it came time for us to get our own dairy animals, there was never a question. It was goats all the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. I'm a goat girl, through and through!

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! We haven't had cows or goats yet, but I would like to have some dairy animals eventually. I'm always going back and forth between cows and goats - I just can't decide! I am leaning more towards goats right now, though... I just love those Nubian ears!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would urge you to do goats, but you probably got that from my post didn't you? LOL!

      Delete
  4. This made me laugh... You know I love goats too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not going to lie, this cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!