Thursday, April 23, 2015

Let's Go Find the Goats!

Would you like to come with me to visit the goats?

First we have to find them.....

Oh there they are, browsing in the thick brush.....


Here is Tulip, but where are Star and all the babies??


Ahh, here they are!  The babies are almost always with Star....


Here is our beautiful girl Erika.  She is Tulip's doeling, and thanks to the kindness of Jennifer, she's going to be staying here with us, along with Merida.  As Jen pointed out, this will leave me with Tulip's first daughter Star, and her last daughter Erika....She's a funny, sweet doeling with a lot of her Mama's personality traits.  She doesn't like to be held, but she loves to be scratched and rubbed and will stand next to you forever if you'll just keep scratching and stroking her!


And here's my lovely girl Merida, she just gets sweeter every day....


She's got such a funny, sweet personality and her favorite place is still in my lap...


Here is little Miss Fancy Pants, stretching up to eat the dead leaves, because who wants to eat fresh green food when you can eat the dried stuff....


And here is Bear showing Mama how rough and tough he is by beating up this tree...


And now everybody is browsing on the tender young growth.  So happy and carefree is the life of a goat!


Erika and Merida say thanks for stopping by!!


Come see us again soon!

Till next time, 

God Bless,









7 comments:

  1. They all look so happy and healthy; what a blessing. And so fortunate to have all that good, nutritious browse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! I thank God every day for our rocky, brushy, tree covered ground! It's the perfect land for goats and pigs!

      Delete
  2. So sweet. Everyone one looks great.... happy & healthy! You have a wonderful place for goats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful walk in the woods. Can't think of better company than a handful of goats.....well, you do need a dog to go with them. (-:

    Fern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, and even though my Ellie dog would like to come with me, Tulip isn't a fan of her and will ram her every chance she gets! Ellie wants to be next to me and so does Tulip, so it just causes chaos! LOL

      Delete
  4. Hi goaties! They look so great and so many lovely colors and patterns. I could sit and watch them frolic forever, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love them so and could just spend hours doing nothing but playing with them and watching them! LOL

      Delete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!