Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Very Quick Dad Update....

So Dad likes to text............a lot..........and he was texting me all day at work yesterday.

I told him I had planned to call him that morning around 7 but I wasn't sure he would be awake (as the chemo makes him tired).

He texted.....

 "Haven't slept since yesterday when I got up"

I replied.....

"WHY?"

Him...

"Don't know, never do the day of or the day after"

Me...

"Well I didn't know that, that's weird..."

Him....

"They tell me it's the steroid they give me, or that's what they say anyway."

Me...

"So you're all jacked up on 'roids are ya?"

Him...

"Yp" (which in Dad text means Yup)

Me....

"Do you look like Ahhnold yet?"  (Schwarzenegger)

Him....

"More like Homer..." (Simpson)

That's my Daddy!  Ha!!  

He's still doing well and feeling good.  Almost halfway through the chemo, then the testing will start to see where things stand.

I can tell you that we are all resting comfortable in the hands of our Maker, which is all that matters in the end!

Till next time.........when I hope to have a Tulip update...

God Bless,




8 comments:

  1. What a great example your Dad is in the face of such trials! Thanks for sharing that.

    Fern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he's got a lot of Faith in God's plan for him, and even though he does get down he knows God is in control! And we all use humor to get through!

      Delete
  2. That is so cute. Attitude is everything during a trial. Dan and I often wonder how folks make it without the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We talk about the exact same thing Leigh! I don't know how (or quite frankly why) people go around without Jesus to rely on!

      Delete
  3. Love the humor and yes attitude is everything. Keeping him and yall in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, he sounds like such a character. I'm glad he is plowing through all his treatments in decent spirits! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he's a character all right! Bahaha! We are so much alike that we fuss and fight, but we love each other fiercely!

      Delete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!