Saturday, May 1, 2010

May First..........

I've been struggling for almost two months now.  I don't want to struggle with this anymore.  Of course I don't want to have food issues at all, so I suppose that's neither here nor there.  I have been so tired and miserable the past few weeks.  I know it is because of what I'm eating and the fact that I'm not working out.  I don't lead a sedentary lifestyle.  Nobody who lives on a homestead does, but working out, running and lifting weights gives me energy!  I've just been a mess.  So tired and run down.  I know it's my lack of exercise and my food choices catching up to me.  I don't want to be tired anymore and since I'm fortunate in being able to correct the problem, I'm going to! 

This morning I was checking my email and my blogs.  Carrie over at Farming on Faith had this post this morning.  As you know in my profile I state that I try to live my life as a Proverbs 31 woman.  There were two parts of this post that really struck me this morning.  This is the first part.  Bold italics is the Bible verse, normal italics is what Carrie wrote.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

* She puts on that exercise DVD she bought at Walmart and actually does it! OUCH

She tries to stay healthy for the well being of her family. Every time she fails in this area ~she starts back again. Ok~give yourself another pat on the back here. I feel your pain. Seriously~ we don't feel well when we neglect our physical body. We can't be all we need to be for the Lord if we are not taking care of ourselves. Ouch again!

The second part was this.....

26  She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
* Even when she has PMS she is nice and kind. Even when she has over scheduled
herself again she doesn't make her family pay for it. Ouch again! OK~you might need a nap or two to get this one accomplished. I give you permission to take a power nap. It does a world of good!

Boy howdy!  I needed to hear that this morning.  I went right out and lifted weights.  I know it will make me feel better.  I have to get back on track because the abuse that I'm heaping on my body is sapping the energy I need to be a shining light for Jesus. 

Also......anybody who knows me knows that PMS is something I really struggle with.  I totally understand why they used to make women go sit in a hut alone for 3 days.  It would be safer for everybody if my family would make me do that!

Anyway........right now I'm losing the battle, but the tide is turning and I'll never ever give up.  One battle lost does not lose the war! 

Till next time...........I'm fighting to be unTHICKINand trying to be THINNIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!