Thursday, May 28, 2009

French Bread......Yum!


We are having lasagna tonight for supper so I made some french bread this morning. I've never had much luck with it having that great french bread shape, so I cheated and ordered some french loaf pans from Lehmans. This will be my first time in using them. The bread looks better than it usually does, but I'm still not satisfied with them. Oh well, who cares what they look like, it's the taste that matters! When I put fresh butter on them, sprinkle a little garlic powder and then put them on my cast iron griddle........YUUUMMMY! I also must confess that I cheat by using my bread machine to knead the dough......I know, I know.....cheater cheater punkin eater! I've never had good luck attempting to knead it myself and since I'm currently still on grid and have electricity, I use my bread machine for the knead cycle. I hope to get it figured out this year and be able to ditch it. I've been getting rid of my electric appliances (except fridge and freezer) slowly over the past few years. My favorite purchase this year so far was a cast iron stove top waffle iron that makes heart-shaped waffles.


Don't they look yummy! I was so excited cause this was like my 4th try at making them and it finally worked and they turned out beautiful. There is a bit of an art to making waffles on the stovetop and I wasn't having much luck. Finally everything fell into place and I got nice pretty perfect waffles! They also were the most delicious waffles we've ever eaten! Now my daughter (who is 10) asks me to make "Love" waffles for breakfast!



Now I'm getting ready to attempt making my first ever blouse...........actually my first ever anything! I can knit, hand quilt, bake, cook, scrub, garden, can......blah blah blah, but I've never ever been able to sew! I'm determined to fix this defect in my character this summer! My mom is amazing and she makes all my curtains, place mats, comforters, bedskirts and the like. I just don't have her natural ability to sew. She can look at a picture and create whatever it is without a pattern. I'd just like to be able to make a blouse or pair of shorts for myself or my daughter! I've got a 1930's singer sewing machine and I'm just going to give it a go!
Well got to go, my blouse is calling my name!
God Bless from Goodwife Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!