- Is The Youngun still being homeschooled??
- Where is Champ??
- Where does Willow (the cat) now live??
- Are you insane??
- Do you ever get sad, down, depressed.....ever??
- No. We were feeling nudges to put her back into the public school system while we were in Kentucky. I wasn't crazy about that idea as I wasn't fond of the Bowling Green school system (waaaaay to big for this goodwife) but we did want to mind the Lord and we had been talking about it as a family and praying about it. When this Montana gig came up I began googling the school up here. I was pleased, and even more so after meeting with the principle and staff. The Youngun was excited though nervous. She attended Thursday and Friday of the first week and then Mon.-Wed of the next week before being off for Christmas break. The school is tiny and there are 7 kids in her math class. Lots of one on one attention and yes they do still call it Christmas break here. A wonderful and refreshing change from IL schools. She goes to school 26 miles away from our house and Mouse or I drive the girls 14 miles one way to meet the school bus, where the bus then takes them the remaining 12 miles to school. Same drill in the afternoon. Did I mention The Youngun loves it, and she re-entered public school seamlessly?? God is good! I also strongly feel that it was His plan for us to pull her from school in IL when we did because of all the turmoil we were headed for. Moving from IL, to KY, to MT in the space of 6 months would've been a bit traumatic if she'd been attending school in IL and in KY!
- Probably............but not for the reasons you think. We have faith..........if that makes us insane then we're proud to be nutty! Life only scares us when we think we are in charge. When we know we are letting God make the decisions it's all just a really fun and exciting journey!
- YES! Although it isn't very often sometimes I'm get so sad I don't think I can go on. Usually it's related to my monthly cycle (see above question cuz I for sure am then) (sorry if TMI) and I can usually power through it but sometimes it's the hardest thing I have to do. A few days after we moved to this beautiful place I was PMSing and feeling terribly sorry for myself. The Man was having the time of his life learning the ranching trade and I was feeling as useless at tits on a boar. For the first time in 13 years I have no critters that depend on me and I was feeling low, low, low. Then I was laying in bed and I had one of those smack upside the head moments that God often graces me with. I remembered........I am here because God wants me here. God has a plan and a purpose for me and if right now all that purpose is is to keep my house nice, feed my family and my dogs, and scoop that dang cat box, (see the above question about where Willow now lives), well that's ok. That is what God wants me to be doing. Then I felt better! And you know what? About 2 days after that, Mouse started calling on me and having me help her with cow stuff. And God said...... SEEEEEE, you must give Me time to work. And I said..........sorry Big Guy, I failed you again! And I was once again so thankful that even though I fail Him constantly, He never ever fails me!
- Champ is gone. He couldn't come to Montana with us. Champ was 24 years old. He was an old man in horse years, and I couldn't bring him 1600 miles north in December. The climate and altitude would've been too much for him. On a totally practical note, we aren't exactly rolling in cash and transporting him would have been a financial outlay we simply couldn't afford. As I've stated many many times, selling him was not an option. He left this world relaxed and happy and that's all I'd really like to say about a very painful subject. ♥
He gave me 11 years of wonderful horsey love and I'll never have another like him, if I ever even get another horse. I'm a lifer and a horse can be a 20+ year commitment for a person like me. I'm also not too sure that God has ever had horses in the plan for me. I think He's allowed me to have them because I've wanted them, but I'm not sure it's ever been what He's wanted for me, though we do talk about that often as my heart yearns to ride over this 30,000 acres on a faithful steed. God will let me know in His time what the plan is regarding that!
So that's those questions answered. There was another question posted by anonymous on my last post, about bear eating cows..........no wait........maybe it was about cow eating bears?? Anyway, I'll answer that question next time..........
oh yeah.....ps.........is this font hard for you to read???
Till then...............God Bless..........